How does it work?
Share your link with a friend and you’ll both a share of stock when their application is approved.
How does Robinhood choose which stock my friend and I get?
When your friend’s application is approved, the shares of free stock are chosen randomly from our inventory of settled shares. Because we choose randomly, you and your friend may not receive the same stock. The value of the share may be anywhere between $3 and $150, and fluctuates based on market movements. We choose companies and purchase stocks every day into the inventory based on their total value (market capitalization) and the price of each share.
It doesn’t say anything about getting free shares of stock in my app?
This promotion is only available to a select group of users. We’re hoping to make this available to everyone as soon as we can.
It didn’t work for me. Why is that?
Make sure that your friend signed up with your link. After they sign up, you should see a pending reward for a share of free stock in your history screen. If the reward doesn’t appear, please contact support. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to credit everyone who didn’t sign up with the link.
I invited my friends to Robinhood in the past. Can I get this reward now?
We appreciate that you inviting your friends to Robinhood prior to this program. Unfortunately, we cannot credit you for past invites.
Do I have to hold the stock in my account for a certain amount of time?
You are allowed to sell the free share of stock two days after you receive it. It’s completely up to you whether you keep or sell the stock. You can use the proceeds from the sale towards other stocks that you want to invest in.
When can I take the money out of Robinhood?
You have to keep the cash value of the stock in your account for at least 30 days before withdrawing it. After the 30-day window, there are no restrictions on the money.
- If we add 1 share worth $10 to your account, you cannot withdraw the $10 you receive by selling the stock for 30 days.
- If we add 1 share worth $10 to your account and you deposit $100 dollars into your account, you can only withdraw $90 until you sell the stock bonus. After you sell the share, you will be able to withdraw an additional $10.
Robinhood free stock bonus offer valid for existing qualifying clients who successfully refer a new Robinhood account. Bonuses will be credited only if the referred Robinhood account is approved. Limit one offer per qualified referral with a maximum of one account per referred client. Stock bonus will be credited to the enrolled account within approximately one week.
Robinhood reserves the right to change the offer terms or terminate the offer at any time without notice. The offer is limited to one per account, with no more than one account enrolled per customer. The stock bonus, when combined with the value received from all other offers in the last 12 months, may not exceed $500 per household. The offer is not transferable, saleable, or valid in conjunction with certain other offers and is available to U.S. residents only. Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Robinhood or a Robinhood affiliate; members of their household; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible. Robinhood may decline requests to enroll in the offer at its discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
The stock bonus is one share selected randomly from Robinhood’s inventory of settled shares held for this program. When shares are purchased into this inventory, Robinhood purchases shares from the three companies representing the highest market capitalization in each range of share price between $3 and $150. Stocks are purchased into the inventory from companies targeting an average value per share of $10. The average value of a stock bonus may, however, vary from $10 due to market fluctuations. There is an approximately 80% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $3-$10, an approximately 18% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $10-$50, and an approximately 2% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $50-$150, based on the price of shares at the time of purchase.
Shares from stock bonuses cannot be sold until 2 trading days after the bonus is granted. The cash value of the stock bonus may not be withdrawn for 30 days after the bonus is awarded.
Neither receipt of a share of stock through this program nor identification of a particular security in advertisements related to this program constitutes a solicitation of the security or a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold the security. Robinhood does not provide investment advice and does not hereby recommend any security or transaction.
Consult with your tax advisor about the appropriate tax treatment for this offer and any tax implications associated with receipt of a stock bonus before enrolling. For taxable accounts, the value of all Robinhood offers received may be reported as Other Income on a Form 1099-MISC where required by applicable rules and regulations. Robinhood does not take responsibility for any tax related to this Stock bonus.